[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) H-B, Evening and Morning

At 10:35 PM 3/10/97 +0000, you wrote:
>On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Ron Rennie wrote:
>
>> from UCLA, to observe Hale Bopp both in the evening and morning.  We were at
>> our favorite site near Mojave where the viewing conditions were perfect.  No
>> clouds or haze, and the LM was in the high sixes.
>
>Stop it!  I can't take much more of this. (-:  It's been over 21 days
>since I last viewed the "comet of the century" and I've yet to observe
>it with a telescope or even good-quality binoculars.
>
>> An hour later it had risen above the light pollution, and boy, what a sight!
>
>I said stop it!  (-:  My appetite is well whetted...
>
>Malcolm

I'll tell you what Malcolm.  You fly out here and we'll put you up (or
should that be "put up with you") and I'll drive you to wherever you wish to
go in southern California to see the comet.  To judge from the last week I
think our summer has arrived at last, so the weather should be good until
October, at least.
Don't bother to bring your binoculars,  we'll get the 100 incher at Mount
Wilson out for you.
We'll celebrate with real "bangers and mash"  and have a "knees up" for you!

See yer mate

Ron