[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) H-B, Evening and Morning

  I finally became a two timer (seeing H-B twice, evening and morning) a
couple nights ago. The hoods around the nuclear condensation are fabulous.
I estimate it at about -0.5 this morning. Two degree naked-eye tail in a
light polluted area! The hoods were seen Sunday morning at 150X and 300X
with a 4-inch f9 refractor. This comet is now better than Hyakutake. In
fact, I too agree with others that this is almost better than West already.
I have seen 54 comets, including Ikea-Seki. This comet will probably sur-
pass them all if it continues the way it's going. A splendid comet indeed!

GWG