[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Comets Here?

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Trond,

Sorry to hear you complain about seeing comet reports on this list.
Personally I feel they go hand in hand with meteors and that most of us
enjoy the posts especially during this slow meteor season. In fact I
want to publicly thank George Zay for taking the time to write his
descriptions and posting them daily. Our weather out here has been
fantastic the last few weeks and barely a day has passed that I have not
seen the comet. Unfortunately most of these observations have been from
work under less than desirable skies. I have also averaged only 3-5
hours of sleep lately due to a heavy workload. I have not had time to
post my sightings but I do enjoy reading others especially from darker
skies. I feel George has been quite accurate with his magnitude
estimates as we rarely vary by more than 0.1 magnitude difference
despite the differing conditions.

George, keep up the good work and let comet fever set in!

Bob