[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Xi-Bootids

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

>     This weekend, nights of 7 and 8 of March (Friday and Saturday) I
went out
> for observing meteors (of course I also took a look at Hale- Bopp.
>
>     Unfortunately I did not see any meteor from a possible Xi-Bootids
radiant
> in any of both nights. This is only from visual observation. I have
not checked
> my negatives yet, but I think that it won t give something new.

Alberto,

Welcome to the meteor list! Most radiants are active on a time scale of
days and weeks. To try to watch for any Xi Bootids at this time would
almost certainly yield negative results. In addition the radiant would
have moved at least 30 degrees eastward and is now situated far from Xi
Bootes.

Glad to hear you are a photographer. I would advise you to begin
photographing only during major showers. Only experienced and dedicated
people (such as George Zay) who don't mind spending a fortune on film
photograph year round. Your results away from major shower activity will
most certainly be negative. I do not mean to sound negative, but initial
successes rather than rolls of empty film will keep you as an active
photographer for a long time to come.

Respectfully Yours,

Robert Lunsford

IMO/ALPO Coordinator