[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Spectra Anniversary 1897-1997

At 11:20 PM 3/13/97 -0800, Ed Majden wrote:
>I would like to find a large grating, at least 4" X 4" for this lens,
>but so far I haven't been able to find one.  A new grating of this size
>is very expensive, around $2000:00 US.  Do you know where I could find
>a high quality grating of this size but at reasonable cost?
>Ed
>Edward Majden                         epmajden@mars.ark.com
>1491 Burgess Road                     Meteor Spectroscopy
>Courtenay, B.C.                       CCD's - P.E.P.
>CANADA  V9N-5R8                       Amateur Astronomy

I'm not sure, but I do remember a recent thread on sources of high-grade
gratings on this very list as a matter of fact! I think one of the folks
from our California Contingent was able to provide some info? Anybody?

By the way, Edward, do you analyze and publish your own meteor spectra
somewhere? Or is there a group within RASC or IMO studying compositions?

Clear spectral lines!
Lew