[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Normal lens

<< e: Catagory "B" :  Normal lenses, with F-ratios of F-1 to F-3.5 and focal
 lengths of 50mm, (the normal 35mm lens) to 200mm, (the common aero camera
lens)
 Both standard 35mm cameras and aero cameras fall into this catagory.<<

Oh! Okay I see what you're saying now.

 >>To get an aero lens, try placing a "Wanted to Buy" ad on the WWW on
 ASTROMART or the ATM net.  I think the correct address for posting an ad to
 Astromart is: astromart-errors@listsdot best.com.  That is how I got my F-2.5 -
 12 inch focal length Kodak Aero Ektar for $125 US.  There is another outfit
 called surplus shack but I don't know the address off hand.  You can place
 an ad on the astro news groups also.  I'm sure you will come up with some
 aero lenses that way.<<

Thanks, this will help.

 >>S.  If you find a source of inexpensive <gratings> let me know!!!  You
could try
 cheap film replicas as an experiment but they won't be very efficient.  It's
 har enough to get a spectrum as it is. <<

Last year I noticed an ad in the Starry Messenger where someone was trying to
sell a 1 inch square grating..dot can't remember the cost now. but at the time I
thought it was too small of a piece to use.

>> I operate from my
 backyard and can get away with 20 minute or so exposures before sky fog
 becomes a problem.  At a good dark sky site you can go much longer.  If
you<<

Do you have any problems with getting too many interferring star spectra on
the negative after about 20 or so minutes?

George Zay