[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Cameras for meteors

Cathy Hall wrote:

>Hmmm.  I know one in amateur hands ;)   They could probably be persuaded to
>sell, if a suitable offer came along.  This thing is massive, though, and quite
>apart from the cost of the camera, would take considerable effort and funds to
>transport and set up.  It would be a formidable project.  This camera is
>currently being stored in southern Ontario, and belongs to some amateur friends
>of mine...

Hi Cathy:  Does Peter Brown, IMO, know about this Super Schmidt Meteor
Camera?  I'm sure he would love to hear about it.  It unfortunately uses
special film or plates that would be very expensive.  That is, if you can
still get them.  Do you have any idea of what they would want for it?  Tim
Puckett in the USA bought four Baker-Nunn Sat. Tracking cameras that he is
now using for asteroid and comet searches.  He had one or two for sale and I
told Peter about them but I guess his pockets wern't deep enough!  I guess
many of us have the same problem.  Ha!  Ha!  Cheers: Ed

Edward Majden                         epmajden@mars.ark.com
1491 Burgess Road                     Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C.                       CCD's - P.E.P.
CANADA  V9N-5R8                       Amateur Astronomy