[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Tonight

<< I could not stand the anticipation of tonite so I had to write. I have
sr-g
 3200 film. The fastest film I have used prior to this was 1000 asa. I have
my
 newer minolta set as slow as the shutter will go(27 secondes) and the
 aperture set for as fast as it will go(4.5) and am hoping for the best as it
 is supposed to be clear tonite. Sorry to interupt but I could not stand it
 anymore. Ha!
 Steve

Steve,
based on the fact that you can only expose for 27 seconds...which is pretty
close to what you should do anyhow for an unguided exposure of comets...with
let's say a 50mm lens. ASA 3200 film at f4.5 should give you something to
keep. Make sure it's on a tripod.

I don't remember if I ever sent you my article about how to photograph
meteors or not. If I haven't and you want me to email it to you...let me know
and I'll zip it to you.
George