[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) sound convertor

I missed some of it, but one view showed the tubes. It looked like
they may have been that tubing that hardware stores have. It is about 2
or 3 inches in diameter, and corrogated so it will be flexible. I am not
sure if I saw the entire set up, but I think the tubes were less than
100 feet long. They were laid out radially with about 45 degree between
each. I assume to pick up sound from different directions. If somebody
out there knows a lot about sound, they may be able to make an educated
guess of what might size work.
    The corrogation is necessary, because it causes the higher frequency
sound. They demonstrated by blowing through a small tube that was
smooth, and one that was corrogated. The corrogated one made a whistling
sound. The smooth one made no sound.