[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Driving over a crater!

<< And now I find out that I drove over an impact crater.... it's centered
almost
 directly beneath the town of Cape Charles.... and is about 53 miles in
diameter,
 and about 1 mile deep.  The article says it is the largest impact crater in
the
 United States, and the seventh largest in the world. >>

Yes,  Earth Magazine had a small article about that w/ a diagram a few months
back. I forget which issue off the top of my head. If anyones interested LMK
and I will try and locate which issue it was.

Kevin