[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Subscriber Introduction

[Sorry, Ed, this should have gotten forwarded weeks ago! -Lew]

Hello Lew:
        Thanks for signing me up to the meteor mail list.  I didn't know it
existed until Cathy Hall brought it to my attention.  I've been involved in
meteor studies since the mid 1950's when I was a member of the Regina
Astronomical Society.  This is also when I became interested in meteor
spectroscopy.  I authored a paper for "METEOR NEWS", Conventional Meteor
Spectroscopy for Amateurs - Meteor News-June 1978 No.41 pl.  This was
published out of Florida by Karl & Wanda Simmons.  Any connection to Karen
Simmons?  I now live on the east coast of Vancouver Island in the small city
of Courtenay.  Our weather isn't the greatest for clear skies but I still do
spectroscopy when I get the chance.

Best regards: Ed
Edward Majden                         epmajden@mars.ark.com
1491 Burgess Road                     Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C.                       CCD's - P.E.P.
CANADA  V9N-5R8                       Amateur Astronomy