[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Recording Meteors

A few months ago, someone(I believe norman) remarked that It would be
nice to record meteors on a laptop.  For my last 3 observations, I
have done exactly that!  I think that it is more convient than a tape
recorder.  The catch:my laptop uses a GUI, but costs only 2-3% of the
average laptop-$50.  It's actually a scientific calculator with 7.04
KB of memory, graphing capabilities, and can withstand cold
temperatures for long periods of time(15dF for 1 hour at least,
that's the coldests it's been in DE since last year).  I also use it
as a word processor.  It's INCREDIBLY easy to program, and I have
losts of programs stored in the memory.  For me it takes about
18bytes to record each meteor or LM estimation.  Unfourtantly, you
can't store the data on a disk.  Has anyone ever tried this?

Jonathan(NTZT04A@prodigy.com)
http://pages.prodigy.com/Astro/homepage.htm