[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Web pages seen on UK national TV

Hi Malcolm,

> pages.  Rather appropriately they began the piece zoomed closely on
> the Netscape Navigator's N and fireballs.  (Anyone know why Netscape
> chose that movie, such as being former meteor watchers?)

I remember that there was a kind of contest for the best Netscape logo
some years ago, and those fireballs won the first prize. I read the story
in the WWW (where else? :-) but I don't remember, who actually invented
this logo and why.
Cheers, Sirko

*           Sirko Molau             *                    __              *
*          Str.246 Nr.16            *             " 2B v 2B "            *
*          D-13086 Berlin           *                                    *
*        sirko.molau@dlrdot de         *                       Shakespeare  *
*      http://www.snafudot de/~smo     *                                    *