[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Comparing comets

I wonder why Comet Hyakutake had a prominent turquoise colored coma and
Hale-Bopp doesn't?  Different gases? Or gas/dust ratio? Or distance from
earth...or?

It is interesting that individual comets appear in the inner solar system
and have different properties. I wonder if meteor observations could
distinguish cometary species by meteor properties?

Also would like to recommend a new sci-fi book : 3001, The Final Oddysey by
Arthur C. Clarke.  Lots of good comet, asteroid and impact observations
from an off-planet and future vantage point.

Tom Ashcraft---New Mexico