[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hot weather!!

Wayne et al -

>Gee Cathy, I'd have thought with temperatures near zero, you'd be in full
summer regalia :->
>Wayne, in warm NJ 20C as I speak

Well, that morning with Hale-Bopp & M31 was March 24th, 2 weeks ago.... it's
warmed up a lot since!  It is a perfectly balmy 8C (46F) here today - I'm almost
tempted to go out in shorts!!  I remember March of 1976, just after Comet West -
it hit 55F and my friends and I put our bathing suits on to sunbathe... !!  It
was so nice just to get some warmth and sunshine after a long dreary winter ;))

Nights here are still cool, though.  This past Wednesday night I still had full
winter gear on.  It's a damp cold up here, so it tends to go right through you.
The snow in the city has disappeared just about overnight the last couple days,
but will persist for quite some time out in the country.

Gave my car a good bath the other day (first since October), got all the winter
salt off, and re-packed some of my observing gear in the trunk... so am all
ready to go for Lyrids...

Oooooh, spring... love it!!!

- Cathy
  Thawing out fast...