[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hot weather!!

At 15:09 04-04-97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 02:17 PM 4/4/97 EST, you wrote:
>>I remember March of 1976, just after Comet West -
>>it hit 55F and my friends and I put our bathing suits on to sunbathe...
!!  It
>>was so nice just to get some warmth and sunshine after a long dreary winter
>
>When the temperature hits 55F, folks in Miami declare a state of
emergency! But they also get a good laugh about all the Canadians who are
sunbathing. ;>

>What are the night temps like where you are right now, Cathy? Also, what
are our European subscribers experiencing this time of year? Has meteor
observing weather turned Spring-pleasant now across the Pond?

>Lew, looking forward to using his tape recorder again

Hi Lew,

This is Casper from the other side of the Pond. In fact just a little pond
(the Northsea) furher as Malcolm on the European mainland (The Netherlands).
Here we have standaard April weather for countries near the Atlantic Ocean
like Britain, Holland, Belgium, France, etc. Today we had dry but cold
weather (8 C) with sunny spells. Winddirection from the north-west. Our
last night was terrible clear!! An extraordinairy wonderfull polar nightsky
of which you only have a very few each year! I cannot express how beatifull
Hale-Bopp was shining against a ink black sky! Many, many astroguys have
taken lots of photographs during this best observing night ever for
Hale-Bopp. Including Romke Schievink and Carl Johannink who made the
wonderfull image of comet Hale-Bopp which you should see at the homepage of
the Dutch Meteor Society. Mind the fine details visible in the blue
gastail. We hope to have more of these skies in the days to come. Hale-Bopp
is now at its finest! Do not miss this opportunity!

I wish you, and all subscribers of the meteorobs-list, happy observing with
Hale-Bopp,

Casper.

Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD, De Bilt, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-30-2203170;  Fax: +31-30-2202695;  GSM: +31-6-54723974
E-mail1: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl;  E-mail2: casper.ter.kuile@rivmdot nl
WWW: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm