[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Wal-Mart Developing

<< N>Should I have it developed by the place I bought it or can I take it
where i
 IN>usually take it(wal-mart)

 Well, I'm not a photo buff, but I can tell you this...Having
 astro-photos developed at Wal-Mart will most likely result in diminished
 color and, possibly, weakened images.  If you use the one-hour photo
 lab, this will even be more likely to happen.

Well, if you've already shot your film my reply is too late, but for the
others - I'd use slide film there is less for the develpoing store to mess up
for the "negative" (positive actually)is actually what you are looking at so
there is no extra step of getting it printed. One hint - take a daytime shot
ant the begining and at the end of the roll so the machine can sense where to
cut. Or better yet get them unmounted and do it yourself.

Then you can go thru your slides and pick out the one or two that you like
and just bring those to a photo finisher to have them made into prints.

For prints (celestial) I always use B&W which I develop myself, and believe
it or not its not that hard. I you have a "changing bag" you don't even need
a darkroom. I use the changing bag in my dining room and process the film in
my kitchen.  Then the same rule applies - take the negatives you like best
and have only those printed.

Kevin