[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: full moon and LM

Norman (nmcleod@peganet.com):
> A winter full moon passes overhead here ; I have seen it
> go NORTH of the zenith in the extreme years 1969 and 1988.  It's blazing
> bright when straight up -- there's no way you're going to get 5.0 at this time.
He, he, when the moon reaches is highest northern declination,
it is only 2 degrees below the northern horizon here at latitude
60 N. And it culminates only 58 degrees high in the south.

When it reaches its southernmost declination, it rises only
about 2 degrees above the southern horizon. So it's not too
much of a pain to observe the Perseids during a Full Moon :-)

Trond