[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Introduction

Hi Bob,
Thanx for the info. I will be visiting them regularly from now on.
I hope my contributions over the next couple of years will be of some
help.
I know I am barking up the wrong tree, but I am very interested in
bolides of brighter than mag.-6
I am having a hell of a problem to get info out of military bases
regarding blodides. A person would swear I am asking for a blueprint of
their latest secret weapon.
All I want is the angle of entry, speed and to what altitude the bolide
desended.
This intrest started, when I saw one come down and actually recovered it
and I now have a piece of it on a chain around my neck.
We seem to have an abundance of bolided down south, and I am amased to
only hear of this later from inexperienced people.
I do talks on local radio and the Cederberg guys are trying to educate
people on astronomy
"What do you astrologers do at night????" (Cringe. mutter mutter)
Well as you see, we have a lot of work ahead.
Cheers and keep well
--
Bill Hollenbach     	Cederberg Observatory ah52@solo.pipex.co.za
http://aztec.co.za/exinet/travel/misc/cederobs.html