[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:57:00 -0400

 - Cathy (Curious in the Great White North) wrote:

3.  Has anyone ever looked at the possible use of filters for visual
work, say,
for moonlit nights?  Some sports utilize tinted glasses, depending on
sky
conditions.  For example, trap and skeet shooters, viewing fast-moving
painted
clay disks, both in daylight and at night under lights, wear different
tinted
glasses to best increase the contrast of these fast-moving objects
against the
sky.  Has anyone ever tried, say, lightly tinted yellow glasses to
counteract a
bright moonlit sky for visual meteor observing?

It certainly sounds like a viable  idea and we have a target of
opportunity coming up soon (no pun intended).  Since I shoot skeet, I
have a variety of different tinted glasses...I'll try them out and see
if any of them appear to make a difference.

Nancy McMahan