[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) I observed a 'large' meteor in Vancouver, Canada.

I don't know if this is the right place or what. It's the first time
I'm sending this kind of message, cuz this was the biggest piece of
space debris I've ever seen.

The time was 12:40am really early Friday, PST.

Looking North in Vancouver, B.C. Canada It appeared 60 degrees 'UP'
in the sky and streaked for about .5 seconds towards west ending at
around 45 degrees 'UP', due west.

The really strange part was that it was bright, green. It was
prominently bright and was a very washed out green I guess. There was
no 'tail' noticable to the eye, but rather appeared to be 'like a
green LED'. A GaAs LED at that, actually fairly flare like.

I hope that someone gets back to me about this observation.

-        John Asbacher
-        Andromeda Group Enterprises Corp.
-        2834 Vine Street  Vancouver, B.C.
-        V6K 3L4 Canada       604 734-5408