[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 'large' meteor in Vancouver, Canada.

HI folks,

Lewis neglects to mention that there are other organizations closer to home
which are interested in collecting eyewitness reports of bright meteors.

The American Meteor Society (AMS) is again collecting fireball reports for
its own use, with particular interest in the areas of North America, the
Carribean, and the Pacific.   Our on-line forms are located at our Web site:

http://www.serve.com/meteors/

Forms are included for both beginning and advanced observers.  A New
feature, the
Bright Meteor Diary," permits visitors to browse our database of
electronically received fireball reports.  The computerized database is
still new and includes only recent reports at this point, but will grow
over time.

In addition, Canadian observers are encouraged to file their reports with
the Canadian MIAC Web site, organized by Dr. Robert Hawkes.  The AMS
Fireball page includes a link to this site, or it can be reached directly at:

http://dsaing.uqac.uquenecdot ca/~mhiggins/MIAC/fireball.htm

If you see a very bright meteor, we would greatly appreciate your filing a
report with us.

Thanks for your time,

Jim Richardson
AMS Radiometeor Project Coordinator