[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteorite fallen on a car in France

<<
 The car, a Renault 5, burnt from the fall of a meteorite, at 02:50 local
 time (00:50 UT) on Friday 11. The meteoritic origin has been certified by a
 nearby university laboratory.

Man...talk about a once in a giga-billion shot...if this is all true. I
believe it is a 2-5 lb "meteorite"? I can't figure how this could happen.
Just stand outside and throw a rock at any car until you get it to catch on
fire. The velocity will probably be somewhat close to that of a falling
meteorite....I think hell will freeze over before any fire starts? I'm very
suspicious about this whole story.
George Zay