[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 'large' meteor in Vancouver, Canada.

 Speaking very honestly here for a moment (and NOT wishing to reopen the old
 debate), all I have ever heard from the IMO is the rather imperialistic cry
 to "unite and standardize" under their banner, a "solution" which is
 unacceptable to the AMS. <<

Sorry to hear AMS still insists being just a part and not the whole.

>> .  In failing to gain our subordination, the IMO
 has leveled more open and published criticism against the AMS in its young
 history than I care to recall -- a soap box which the IMO's U.S. supporters
 have gleefully taken up. <<

AMS earned my criticisim. I have no desire to regress by becoming an AMS
member.

  I have heard the complaint about multiple forms and multiple organizations
 from several quarters over the last few years, but I fail to see a viable
 solution in the near future.  The AMS recognizes that many of our serious
 meteor observers will wish to also be IMO members, and we are at least
 looking for ways in which to make data recording and filing as convenient
 as possible for such members.<<

The solution is simple...standardize with the world body...IMO.

 George Zay