[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Long Exposures/Reciprocity

<< HI George,
 The film carries on where it left off.
 I have never done  really long exposures as I have found that you can
 get the same results in 20 min.

So after a 40 minute exposure where an 800 ASA film dropped down to 15 ASA
equivalency, I can make a double exposure on the same frame during
daylight...if I considered it as having 15 ASA?

I can see how preflashing wouldn't change the ASA any based on what you
say..dot since the preflashing operation is only a fraction of a second...prior
to reciprocity failures occur.  But I don't understand how the film would
recognize the difference between a short preflashing to the light it has
received from a dimly lit object during a 10 minute exposure?
George Zay