[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteorite fallen on a car in France

<< Hi George,
 I suppose it was secondary damage.
 Denting the bonnet, breaking the Carburettor and shorting the battery.
 Nice circumstances for a roaring fire.
 -- >>
Hi Bill,
I just looked the story up..dot it was a 3 lb meteorite, at 3 am...the car was
parked all night...nothing already hot. It also mentioned it went thru the
cars roof...a long ways from the carburetor.  From the report, the
"meteorite" was still in the car. I smell a hoax of some kind in the making.
It could be a genuine meteorite that fell on a previous date? Perhaps someone
is trying to elevate the value of this stone?...or cover something else up?
George Zay