[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteorite fallen on a car in France

<< Man...talk about a once in a giga-billion shot...if this is all true. I
 believe it is a 2-5 lb "meteorite"? I can't figure how this could happen.
 Just stand outside and throw a rock at any car until you get it to catch on
 fire. The velocity will probably be somewhat close to that of a falling
 meteorite....I think hell will freeze over before any fire starts? I'm very
 suspicious about this whole story. >>

The only way I've ever seen for a car to catch fire from a collision is for
the gas tank to rupture next to a hot tail pipe, but how unlikely is that!
 The other part of the story that makes it  REALLY suspicious (sp?) is that
we they brought the specimen to be tested all that was done was a check for
radioactivity.  X^P

Kevin