[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Atmospheric expansion and meteors

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

> >Also as I understand it the outer edge of the ionosphere at solar
minimum
> >is about 80 kms out but during solar maximum the outer edge is 140
kms or
> >so out.
> >Wouldn't this sky expansion mean that more meteors are intercepted or
is
> >this all negligible?

This is interesting as I recall reading somewhere that sporadic meteors
mirror the solar cycle in the opposite direction. Studies have shown
sporadic counts are higher during solar minimum. This would discount the
possibility of an extended ionosphere producing more meteors.

Bob Lunsford