[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Solar cycles and sporadic rates

At 06:49 PM 4/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>This is interesting as I recall reading somewhere that sporadic meteors
>mirror the solar cycle in the opposite direction. Studies have shown
>sporadic counts are higher during solar minimum. This would discount the
>possibility of an extended ionosphere producing more meteors.
>
>Bob Lunsford

I'd be interested in hearing more about this 11 year sporadic cycle,
Bob. Do you recall what publication you read that in. Jim, Jim, or any
of the other folks active with AMS, does the data you're aware of seem
to support this? Just a curious question,

Lew