[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FIDAC

I'm not on this list - I know, that is an neglect of duty :-)
Therefore I'm only able to follow the thread on forwarded
messages...

I learn there are a lot confusions about FIDAC and I'll
give you the correct facts.

Publications:

There are two different 'products' published by FIDAC:

- a printed bimonthly journal (FIDAC news) with all visual
  and photographic fireball reports received in the previous
  months and some short articles about special fireball
  events. The annual subscription price is 10 USD (surface
  mail only). This price cost-covering the printing and
  mailing costs for 6 issues. The publication of FIDAC news
  started in 1993. It was not the idea of IMO or FIDAC - it
  was a suggestions of the people of the GVN (the Global
  Volcanism Network of the Smithsonian) because the GVN
  (former SEAN) stopped the collecting and publishing of
  fireball reports for financials reasons.

- a e-mail version of FIDAC news, but only the visual
  fireball reports. The e-mail version is published not
  regularly but more frequently as the printed version. The
  e-mail version is free of charge. You have only to send an
  e-mail to fidac-news-request@imodot net with your name and
  (correct!) e-mail address. You have not to be an IMO-member
  or to subscript the printed version. BTW: this report is
  also available on news-groups: sci.space.news and sci.astro.
  You can find previous issues via www.imodot net/fireball

Data exchange:

It's possible to send the actual fireball data of a special
region but nobody ask me except Peter Brown: he get a copy of
all reports of very bright fireballs in (or around of) Canada
for MIAC. Of course that's also possible for other regions.
Send me an e-mail and I'll arrange this.

Ok, thats that.

Regards
  Andre
+  International Meteor Organization    :::::::: +
+  Fireball Data Center              :::::       +
+  c/o Andre Knoefel        \ | /::::            +
+  Duesseldorf, Germany     - o -                +
+  fidac@imodot net            / | \                +