[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hale-Bopp in New-caledonia

Hi Wayne,
I am going to hang in there for a little while and try to learn.  I plan
on going to a star gazing party, as they call it , if the weather ever
decides to cooperate.  They have held 2 of these parties in the last
month and I had planned on going but they were cancelled because of
overcast skies.  I think the night sky is beautiful.  On clear nights I
go out on my bicycle and find the darkest place around my area (usually
our local golf course - wouldn't they love to know that!) and lie on my
back and just look at the sky.  Some of my friends think I am a fool!
To me it is beautiful.  I have tried to watch meteor showers but I
haven't seen anything memorable yet.  I figured that if I am ever going
to learn about them and know when to watch the sky for them this is the
place.  So I guess for the time being I will keep on reading and
hopefully with time I will figure out some of what you guys are talking
about.

Debby