[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Newbi-ness

Debby - I, too, am very much a newbie. In fact, it was witnessing a day time
fireball on Jan.8 of this year that got me started in this obsession in the
first place!!  I've been lurking here for 4 months now. At first, almost all
of this was over my head - but, I've learned a lot in a short time!  I just
keep looking stuff up and bugging poor George Zay w/questions whenever I see
him in the AOL Astronomy chat room!!  (Thanks, George, BTW!)  A good book to
invest in is Dickenson's The Backyard Astronomer's Guide. It's my Bible!!
 Wayne's right - find a club near you. I belong to 3 myself - one near home,
one near work and one in Pittsburgh where I tend to spend a lot of time.
Please feel free to email me if I can be of any help! We live close, so
perhaps I could help you find a club.
Shari Shevetz
Catskill, NY
PS - I know this isn't very scientific, and it's a long message. Sorry, guys.