in about a 10 hr. period.

From: Bill Hollenbach <ah52@solo.pipex.co.za>
As far as I know, we are not in the "Tektite Belt" here in South Africa.

     Would someone please explain to me how a certain type meteorite could
only be found in a certain place on the earth?  I can't picture these things
following ANY types of rules.

     Now, picture this - 4:00 am EST (9:00 UT I believe), Joe Assmus is
leaving a bar in So Cal. weather is probably 60-70 deg. F and clear skies.
 1st is on his way to work to put in another 8 hour day by noon so he can
get home to cut wood for his woodstove for next year.  It is snowing again,
albeit light - 34 deg. F and not a star (or a meteor for that matter!) to be
seen.  Would someone PLEASE remind me why I live in the NE USA?  I can't
believe that the smell of cow manure in the spring and the change of seasons
in the fall will make this all worth it!  Lew, Wayne? CATHY?  and Cathy BTW
 - PLEASE CLOSE THE DOOR!

                              Thanks,
                                   1st