[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio Astronomy

Debby wrote:

>I never thought of meteor showers during the day.  How difficult are
>they to see?

Daytime showers are best observed not visually, but with specific radio
equipment designed for radio astronomers.  I believe that this equipment
picks up short radio bursts generated by meteors as they enter the
atmosphere, allowing you to detect meteors during the day.

Does anyone know how much this equipment costs, and where it can be
purchased?  I would be interested in getting into radio astronomy
someday, when I have the cash.

Steve Sutton
Springfield, GA
USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way

---
 ~ SLMR 2.1a ~ In cyberspace, no one can hear you scroll.