[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Lyrid weather...

At 11:13 AM 4/20/97 -0300, you wrote:
>Ya should be in Halifax, 2 Lows off our coast and we're supposed to
>get rain/fog/drizzle/snow ( yes snow ! ) till Thursday!
>only one thing I can say .. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Clear skies...
>Michael Boschat ( Astronomer )    E-mail: andromed@atm.daldot ca
>Atmospheric Sciences              Lab Phone: (902) 494-7060
>Dept. of Oceanography             Fax: (902) 494-2885
>Dalhousie University
>Halifax, Nova Scotia
>CANADA  B3H 4J1         My ASTRONOMY Web Page: http://www.atm.daldot ca/~andromed

Just to let you guys know that southern California is not entirely a land of
sunshine and beaches, let me say that some of the mountain roads  around Los
Angeles are closed due to snow, and are expected to remain that way until
around Memorial Day.   Last year They had snow fall during the Riverside
Telescope Makers Conference,  which is held Memorial Weekend, and that is
the third time that has happened.

Ron
From the Land of Sun and Snow.