[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor price.

<< Meteor trading in our country is highly illegal and carries a severe
 penalty AND incarseration of up to 5 years. (Protected by National
 Cultural Heritage council).
 What would a L4 chondrite (Whith olivine crystals)of 2kg be worth over
 in the States. And a 1.456kg Ni/Fe meteor.
 Just asking >>

An L4 chondrite like Bjurbole would go for approx. $7 to $10 per gram.

A Iron meteorite like Mundrabilla would be somewhere around $1 to $2 per
gram. Ones that we have a ton of like Odessa and Canyon Diablo can go for as
little as 50 cents per gram.

As you can probably guess - price depends on how much is available. If you
have a name I could give you a better feel for the price.

Kevin