 following ANY types of rules. >>

Tektites are not exactly meteorites, no one really knows how theyare formed.
There have been many theories such as:
1. the result of a lightning strike
2. terrestrial volcanic ejecta
3. Impact phenomenon where melted Earth rock is thrown up in the atmosphere
after a large meteor strike. Molten glass then falls back to Earth, acquiring
flight markings.

#3 is the theory that most widely accepted.

What we DO know:

1. tektites contain virtually no water
2.they are low in the volatile elements like lead, copper, zinc
3. they are oxygen poor compared to Earth rock.
4. they don't show any evidence of cosmic ray exposure.

Tektites have been found in Thailand (Indochinites), Czechoslovakia
(Moldavites), Libya (Libyan Desertb Glass), Phillippines, Colombia,
Australia, and Georgia (U.S.).

Kevin