[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) antennae

> Receiving meteors at very low frequencies (VLF) is an understudied field.
> There are only a few experimenters attempting this. Indeed, meteors
> --mainly the occaisional *very large fireball*-- may cause a receivable
> very low frequency emission. But I don't think there are many papers on the
> subject.

At the last IMC in the Netherlands an team from former Yugoslavia
(Slovenia, I think) gave a report on their activities. They tried to
detect ELF/VLF emmissions from meteors and could report one case where a
relatively faint fireball of 'only' magnitude -6 or so possibly produced
such emmissions.
Unfortunately, there paper is not included in the IMC proceedings, but I
guess Rainer Arlt could give you the adresses of these guys if you want to
contact them.
Sirko

*           Sirko Molau             *                    __              *
*          Str.246 Nr.16            *             " 2B v 2B "            *
*          D-13086 Berlin           *                                    *
*        sirko.molau@dlrdot de         *                       Shakespeare  *
*      http://www.snafudot de/~smo     *                                    *