[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Not a fireball (?) but a moon(?)

<< Does anybody know why the moon has an orangeish color in the early
 evening hours such as 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. CDT? But then goes back to its
 white reflection from the sun color later I've only reconized this
 tonight mon. 4-21.  >>

That happens because the moon is shining thru more of our atmosphere (all the
pollution helps too). Its the same reason why our yellow-white sun turns an
orange -red at sunrise/sunset. I have a diagram scanned to illustrate this.
LMK if you want it as I don't want to burden everyones system sending it to
the list.

Kevin
kevtk@aol.com