[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Prairie Meteor Network

>Hello Lew:
>Clear skies: Ed

Thanks for the kind note, Ed! And I do see your point about the more personal nature of home-built scopes vs. the commercial models... Anyway, I doubt we'll ever see the end of the ATM Era: there will always be amateurs too anxious to get the latest observing tools to wait for someone else to build them... :)

Incidentally, a US Fireball Network sounds like a pretty exciting idea! Is there anyone still in meteors who had had personal experience with this old PMN? Would any of the meteor organizations have an interest in stepping up to sponsor a mainland North American photo network like this?

Just curious,
Lew

Karen Simmons & Lew Gramer lewkaren@tiacdot net http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren