[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) IRC #meteorobs channel!

FINALLY I got around to downloading a good IRC ("Internet Relay Chat")
client to my Mac last night. IRC is the original Internet version of what
AOL, Compuserve, etc. now call "chat rooms". IRC however, is open to anyone
on the Internet who downloads a (free) IRC client, and finds a server to
connect to.

The client I downloaded is called IRCLE, and if any of you are Mac users,
let me know and I can give you the FTP address for it. I used IRCLE to
attach to the undernet.org IRC server (it's preconfigured to connect to
undernet and a few other servers.) There are also several "intro" and "FAQ"
sites for IRC:
	http://www-dnh.mvdot net/ipusers/lostworld/irca.html
	http://www.smartec.com/cgi-bin/rico/egyweb/IRC.cgi

Anyway, I explored the #astro, #weather, and #sciastro "channels" (chat
rooms) for a while. Then I tried just joining the non-existent "#meteorobs"
channel - it created it with no problem! Of course, I was alone on the
channel, but I'm sure others could join once it was created.

So my question to all meteorobs subscribers is: how many of you would be
interested in having a regular IRC meeting on a "#meteorobs" channel, and
what time/day (UT) is most convenient for all our globe-scattered
participants?

Let me know privately, and I'll try to arrange an optimal time for us!

Clear skies and clear channels,
Lew