[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: North American Photo Network

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

 Would any of the meteor organizations have an interest in stepping up
to > sponsor a mainland North American photo network like this?

Lew,

Do we really have any people who would commit to photographing the sky
every clear night? I know George Zay photographs every night he observes
and is exploring the possibility of setting up an automated system plus
a double station setup. Other than George, are there other people who
would be willing to participate in such an endeavor? This cannot be a
one participant project.

Another problem is security and funding. I would certainly want a secure
location before leaving a several hundred dollar photographic setup
outside unattended.

Not everyone can afford such a setup. I cannot see any organization
stepping in to help fund/sponsor such a network. It is going to have be
made up of several dedicated observers who are willing to coordinate
such a project among themselves.

I know I would like to see such a network in place but lets see a show
of hands and then proceed from there.

Bob Lunsford