[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) No Aquarids here....

Hi Guys -

Well, I had hopes for skies up here in the Great White North, now starting to
look green out my window....  But it is socking in solid as I speak...

It has been cloudy for days up here, but we actually got some blue skies today
until late afternoon.  We're supposed to get rain again for another couple days,
<perhaps> a brief break on Monday, then more cloud :(

I think there must be some corollary to Murphy's Law that says "the state of the
sky is inversely proportional to how prepared you are to go observing"... I even
finished sewing together my "bodybag" for meteor observing ;), although I could
have used it more back in the wintertime...  It is still parka-time up here
though, and drops to close to freezing at night.  Some parts of Ontario got snow
a couple days back.  It is warming up though - we hit about 17C (about 63F)
about a week ago, and it felt positively <hot> !!

Hope the rest of you get some Aquarid skies.... I'll be curled up here reading
my Sky & Tel.... and keeping my fingers crossed for early next week!

- Cathy
  Great Cloudy North....