[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball Sightings Sdot carolina

Subj:  Re:Fireball Reporting done h
Date:  97-05-05 16:11:42 EDT
From:  WOODYSTONE

Fireballs sighted 5/5/97 from Greenville, SC @ 9:16pm local.
Estimated Mag: Off the scale! Surrounding area brightly lit with shadows
cast.
No sonic booms - and it was quiet where I was observing at a dark sky site.
Speed: Slow - approx 2 seconds duration from high overhead to the east,
terminating just east of Bootes with a small shower of fragmentation.
No noticable train sighted.
Second fireball one hour later in the west. Did not observe the beginning of
the track, but terminated in the same manner as the first, traveling to
northwest. Not quite as brilliant as first one, but would state it was the
SECOND brightest fireball I have witnessed.

Call or e-mail with questions or sightings.          Thanks, Woody Stone