[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball May 5/6, 1997

Observer's name: Michael Boschat

Address: 6306 Cork St., Apt.512, Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA B3L 1Z1

Phone (home): 902-455-6831

Phone (work): 902-494-7060

Fax: 902-494-2885

Email: andromed@atm.daldot ca

Date of the fireball: May 5/6, 1997

Time UT (incl. time zone): approx. 0050 UT

Cloud (none or %): 0%

Latitude: N 44d 39' 13".08

Longitude: W 63d 36' 29".30

                       FIREBALL PARAMETERS

Beginning point right ascension: 8h 30m

Beginning point declination: 12d 00'

Ending point right ascension: 9h 20m

Ending point declination: -21d 00'

Probable error in points (deg): 3d

Apparent magnitude: -4

Duration (seconds): 4 sec plus

Apparent speed (compared to other meteors; fast, medium, slow ): slow

Describe flares, fragments, etc.: At it's point of just going behind the trees
                                  it had numerous pieces reddish in color
                                  breaking up in the back portion of the
                                  head area which was tear drop in shape.

Color(s): Green

Persistent Train (Yes or No; if Yes give duration in sec.): No

Sounds: No

Time interval between fireball and sound (seconds):

    If you have further comments please write them here:

   We we about 35 Km out of halifax City at the local RASC Observatory.