[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Transmission Grating Material

        I'm looking for samples of in-expensive transmission grating
material, mounted or un-mounted, about 2 to 3 inches square.  I want to test
these to see if they would work for meteor spectroscopy.  I can compare the
samples to my precision B & L, (Richardson Grating Lab), grating.  Precision
gratings are rather expensive so it would be nice to find an in-expensive
grating that would work. I have already tested a sample that I have, but
unfortunately it prooved too inefficient for meteor work.  Perhaps there are
better samples out there.  If so send me a piece along with the specs, cost
and where you got it.  Any samples sent will not be returned but I will
report on whether it will work or not.  Ed Majden

Edward Majden                         epmajden@mars.ark.com
1491 Burgess Road                     Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C.                       CCD's - P.E.P.
CANADA  V9N-5R8                       Amateur Astronomy