[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball over SC, TN, and now NC

Hi Folks, I received another report of the fireball observed over the
southeast on the 4th. Note that this one reports it at 2130 EDT versus 2114
and 2116 for the other two. He also reports a sonic boom.....

-Mark

>>>On 5/4/97 at 9:30pm there was a very bright light over Charlotte followed
by a sonic boom 2-3 minutes later! (???? Why so long???)  It was
traveling from East to West.

At this point everyone assumes that it was a piece of Halley's debris.
Do you have any other reports concerning this incident.

(Unfortunately, I was outside and could not look up at it but saw shadows
of trees created by it. So I cannot confirm what it looked like or how
large the image was.  But the amount of light on the ground was rather
bright.)

Thanks for your time.  Great web site.<<<