[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) May 4/5 Fireballs

>Hi Folks, I received another report of the fireball observed over the
>southeast on the 4th. Note that this one reports it at 2130 EDT versus 2114
>and 2116 for the other two. He also reports a sonic boom.....

FYI I've gotten several reports now, and there seems to have been one event about 2115 EDT over SC, and another about 2210 over GA.  I have one observer who saw both from his location in SC.

I have two excellent reports of the SC event, one from KY and one from NC, and the SC observer is working up another report to fill in some details.  I should be able to produce a rough solution in a few weeks.

I'm looking for more/higher quality reports of the second event to see if they are related at all.

Jim Bedient
EIC -- American Meteor Society