[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor thru roof

<< The story says that the meteor (meteorite) went through the roof, went
 through the ceiling and came to rest in a wall. Really lucky that it didn't
 hit anyone. Would really have put a damper on the day! Ha ha. I will keep
 you all posted as any more news is made apparent.
    Clear skies!
 Dan >>
Thanks Dan...I remember spending some time in Beaumont many years ago...in
some park...all I remember was the humidity and about ten billion mosquitos.
Sounds like the house was a victim of a meteor doing a fly-by shooting? I bet
you there were more parts to the meteorite that landed elsewhere? By the time
that meteorite hit the house, it wasn't going fast enough for a sonic boom to
be produced. That no doubt all occurred earlier in it's flight higher up.
George Zay