[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) toutatis

Hello,

I am interested in learning more about the Earth-crossing asteroid Toutatis
[IAU 4179 - made a 2.5 million mile close approach in 1992]. I have several
questions, which I hope the experts of meteorobs can help answer:

-When will this asteroid (or its orbital path) again be near
 Earth, and will it be dangerous for us?
-What is its density, mass and volume?
-What will result when Earth is next near this asteroid's orbit?
-What would happen to Earth if this asteroid impacted us?
-Was there any point in the past when this asteroid was more
 dangerous for the Earth than it is now?

[Please reply directly to Anne-Marie's address as well as to the meteorobs
list, as she is not yet subscribed to 'meteorobs'. -Lew]

Sincerely yours,
Anne Marie